Before you apply for financial aid, make sure you meet the following requirements.
All financial aid applicants must:
- Be U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizens.
- Possess a valid Social Security number.
- Be registered with the Selective Service System (if applicable).
- Not be in default on a prior federal student loan.
- Be admitted to a degree-granting program of study or an eligible certificate program at USC.
- Be enrolled in a minimum of 4 units per semester in a master’s degree program, or 3 units in a doctoral program, or be enrolled in a course considered full-time by the registrar (thesis/dissertation).
- Make satisfactory academic progress toward completion of their degree.